It’s that time of year again! If we had to pick one flavor to describe fall it would undoubtedly be pumpkin. Every October our taste buds are delightfully pleased when the likes of Starbucks and Coffee Bean release their seasonal sips. If you are like us, then you probably have a particular love for Starbucks’ famed Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s warm, inviting and intoxicatingly good. If you love the Pumpkin Spice Latte so much that the phrase “then why don’t you marry it?” comes to mind (Don’t worry…you are not alone.), then we are here to help get you inspired with your PSL addiction! Here is how you can have fun with this delicious fall flavor and work pumpkin spice into all of your wedding details.
1. Opt for a pumpkin spice palette. A burnt orange hue looks lovely when paired with ivory, gold, and brown. Mix in textures like cable knit, fur, and burlap for a warm and welcoming look.
2. Arrange gourd-geous centerpieces. Pumpkins are ubiquitous on front stoops every October, but you can easily bring the outside indoors. Mini orange or white pumpkins can be the perfect complement to candles on your table. Make them extra-elegant by spray painting the pumpkins gold before the big day.
3. Eat it up. You’re already obsessed with pumpkin spiced lattes from your local coffee shop, so consider taking your menu up a notch with pumpkin pies, pumpkin beer, or a signature pumpkin cocktail (served in glasses rimmed with cinnamon and sugar, of course).
4. Carve it up. Illuminated pumpkins don’t have to be scary! Put your creativity to good use and give your pumpkins a modern twist: punch out polka dots, carve out chevron stripes, or cut out your couples monogram. If you’re really skilled, you could even try doing you and your sweetheart’s silhouettes.
5. Send guests home with pumpkin spice favors. Fill favor bags with pumpkin tea, gourmet pumpkin seeds, or pumpkin bread ingredients layered in a mini Mason jar so your guests can appreciate the flavor of pumpkin spice after your big day.
Don’t forget the pumpkins! We’ve found that with a little creativity, you can transform the ordinary pumpkin into something magical. So, if you have your heart set on a pumpkin themed wedding, here are some of our favorite ways to include the mighty pumpkin into your decor scheme.
Due to its cute size and lack of color, the miniature ghost pumpkin is probably the easiest and chicest of the gourds to decorate with. They make excellent escort cards just as they are, but if you want to kick things up a notch, a touch of gold spray paint can make just about any object, pumpkins included, look downright glamorous.
Placed on cake stands or off, full sized and sugar pumpkins can be used as simple, yet sophisiticated, centerpieces. The key to achieving this look is to find the right shape, size, and color of pumpkin, otherwise your centerpiece might end up looking more awkward than elegant.
If orange isn’t your preferred color, a coat of paint and a few embellishments can go a long way to elevate the humble pumpkin to wedding-worthy status.
The pumpkin’s not only mighty, but also multi-talented. Its hollow interior makes it a versatile vessel that you can use to chill your champagne, serve up punch, or hold a beautiful bouquet of flowers.
It goes without saying that pumpkins make great luminaries, but instead of turning them into jack-o-lanterns, why not use them as sophisticated candle holders instead?
Which Pumpkin Inspiration is your favorite?
XoXo, Joie De Vivre Weddings and Events