Welcome to 2015! We can hardly believe that it is already February and so far we are seeing new and exciting changes in our wedding community. From metallics to convertible dresses, 2015 is going to be a fun year for the Joie De Vivre team and our brides. Our friend Christie Dryer at Bridal Tweet has composed a list of wedding predictions for 2015. Checkout some of the fresh changes for the new year!
1. 2015 will be full of bridal hair crowns. “They offer a good mix between traditional and modern while still leaving the bride with a variety of hair styling options. This trend was seen on bridal runways but was very prominent with the designers Ivy and Aster for their 2015 Fall/Autumn bridal runway shows.” – Bride by Vicki Millar.
2. Metallic shades will be seen in 2015. We won’t be seeing just gold and silver in wedding themes this year, but also copper, brass, and a mix of metals. “Although gold can have a very rustic element to it, using copper accents really supports and enhances the vintage aspect of the “over all theme.” Copper in elements such as invitation fonts, centerpieces, table settings and silverware adds the classic touch to the sentimental, vintage wedding theme trend.” – Ashley Victoria Productions
3. Vintage-inspired engagement rings. “Many of our customers are looking for a unique piece that tells a story; one that they can then weave into their own story and pass on for generations. That’s why there has been a huge resurgence of interest in vintage-inspired engagement and wedding rings. There is something about that old-world feel of these designs that couples find extremely romantic and if there’s a certain past era you love, you can find a customized piece that reincarnates it to your liking.” – Brilliant Earth
4. Juliet cap veils. “I am seeing more brides wanting Juliet cap veils. Some want plain and some want bling and they are even DIYing them. They are easy to make and you can do so much with them.” – Southern Charm Weddings
5. The traditional veils will be traded in for more glamorous details. “They will up the ante with bows, headpieces, braids, and accessories. The best addition we love are the flowers, bows, and other pretty pieces that brides will be trading in for the veils. All brides want to look like themselves when coming down the aisle. However the 2015 bride will be opting in for a focus on the pretty pout. Whether it’s a just bitten kiss, or a bold burgundy lip for the reception, the pout will be perfect.” – TLG Bridal
6. All about that bass! “Back details are IN, from lace and textured designs on the upper-back, to very low booty-skimming back lines, to hip-hugging figure conscious silhouettes and train detailing. Rock that back, girl, it’s what your wedding guests will be staring at during your ceremony (and don’t forget that that includes your grandmother, so keep it classy)!” – Janay A, Designer at Janay A Eco Bridal, http://www.janay-a.com
7. Convertible dresses. “Removable Skirts are trending to transition frocks from ceremony to party in a cinch. Many designers are now offering some kind of style that converts from long to short skirt. Expect to see more dress transitions from brides than complete dress changes between ceremony and reception.” – Janay A, Designer at Janay A Eco Bridal, http://www.janay-a.com
8. “Au Revoir!” rustic weddings. “I see the industry going back to elegance and formality. I think that weddings will become the dignified and elegant events of the past. After all, a wedding is one of the most important days of your life and should be treated with the reverence deserving of such an event.” – Floral Designs by Meta
9. Off-the-shoulder wedding dresses will be all the rage. “Amal started a hot trend when she married George Clooney and many 2015 brides will follow suit. This truly is an elegant look.” – Christine Dyer, Founder of BridalTweet.com
10. 2015 will be the year of romance. “Despite a few unconventional ones, most of 2015 couples will want to go back to their childhood and their dreams and look forward to a fairy tale wedding. Any wedding details will suggest a magic setting where their dream turns to reality and remind guests of the romance the couple is sharing. White will dominate 2015 weddings, either accompanied by green or blush or champagne/gold.” – http://www.mgdaeventi.com/homeen
Xoxo, Joie De Vivre Weddings and Events
What are your predictions for 2015 weddings?